Hong Kong Study Visa The Institutions in Hong Kong have raised their standards and made amendments by signing several collaborative academic and research partnership with top ranked international universities. Besides gaining par excellence education the exposure to global professional network in Hong Kong is enticing international students to study abroad in Hong Kong. The east meet west lifestyle, globally recognized degrees, adventurous tourist destinations, cultural diversity and booming economical growth of Hong Kong study visa will make your study abroad experience enriching.
The Process of Attaining Hong Kong Study Visa:
What Student Should do After Acceptance Letter from an Accredited Hong Kong’s Institute:
After getting eligibility you will be granted an acceptance letter from the university you have applied for admission in Hong Kong. Your hosting university in Hong Kong will declare itself as local sponsor for your education. The type of visa applicable to you depends on duration of your study programme which can be full time or part time course, either way you will have to attain visa to enter Hong Kong regardless of your nationality.
Visit Hong Kong’s Embassy or Consulate to Get Visa Details:
You can submit your visa application on Hong Kong’s immigration website or visit the Embassy or Consulate of Hong Kong in your home country. Further, it is recommended to visit the Embassy and get details and documents requirements first hand. Upon visiting the Embassy, you will be delivered a list of following documents, a visa application form, visa fee and details about necessary perquisites.
For more visa information Click Here
Required Documents for Hong Kong’s Student Visa:
- Visa Application (Completed and signed by the applicant).
- Recent Photographs of Applicant.
- Letter of Consent from parents and guardians (If the applicant is under 18 years of age a letter of consent will be required by the guardians or parents of the applicant authorizing a native of Hong Kong to be legal guardian of the applicant for the duration of his stay there).
- Entry permit or student visa sponsorship letter from the hosting institution in Hong Kong.
- If the finances for your living and study expenses are to be afforded by sponsor in Hong Kong, a Declaration by Financial Sponsor letter will be required which must be signed and completely filled by the sponsor itself. The Declaration by Financial Sponsor letter should reveal the sponsor’s relationship with the applicant and agrees that he/she will holds himself responsible for applicant’s study and living expenses while in Hong Kong.
- Copy of Applicant’s Passport (the copy should contain front page of passport which has identity details, previous visas and entries (if any))
- Acceptance Letter of Admission from Hong Kong’s University
- Letter of Acknowledgment Signed by Applicant (The letter signed by the applicant online in reply to acceptance letter declaring that he has accepted the admission offer from university)
- Proof of Arranged Accommodation in Hong Kong (Write Down Address of Your Residence, City, Location and Lease Agreement)
- Proof of Finances (Bank Statement, Savings Account, Credit Card Statement, Scholarship Award Certificate or Salary Slips. Documents must be issued on the name of applicant)
- The applicant should be able to prove financial resources of HK$120,000 or equivalent
- Transcripts of your academic records, certificates and diplomas
- Result of Public Examination
- Language proficiency test certificate (IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge).
Hong Kong’s Study Visa Process:
Complete the application form and submit required documents after that you can expect 3 to 6 weeks for visa processing. The immigration department verifies the authenticity of your documents and fulfills other requirements in this duration. You will be called by the Embassy to collect your passport and start preparing for your departure. Moreover, The visa approval time also depends on the duration of your study program.
Visa Fee of Hong Kong Study Visa:
Visa fee for Hong Kong is 160$ and Currier Charges is 290$.
For more information from embessy Click Here