Portugal Study Visa Portugal is charming country with beautiful landscape, Mediterranean climate, rich cultural history, top ranked academic institutions and developed economy. The roman architecture, beautiful beaches, longest summer of Europe, blend of various cuisines and youthful and dynamic lifestyle can be experienced while living in Portugal. The country is called the business hub of Europe with numerous multinational companies and financial organization having their base in Portugal. The international students opt to study in Portugal because of top quality education and also to get professional exposure. Foreign students need Portugal study visa in order seek knowledge in Portugal. Over the years, Portugal has made considerable investments in improving its higher education sector to match its counter parts in other European States. By adopting Bologna system of education, the degrees offered by universities of Portugal are accepted and recognized globally because high quality assurance.
For more visa information Click Here Portugal Study Visa
The Process of Portugal Study Visa:
Those planning to study abroad in Portugal have to attain student visa if they are nationals of non-EU countries. The EU nationals do not require a student visa to study in Portugal. There are different types of Portugal Study Visas based on the duration of your study program whether it is short course, under graduate, post graduate or PhD research program. (Read Admission Requirements of Portuguese Universities Here).
Types of Student Visas in Portugal for International Students:
- Schengen Short Stay C Type Visa (for Study Program of Less than 90 Days Duration).
- Schengen Long Stay D Type Visa (for Study Program of More Than 90 Days Duration).
- Portuguese Residence Permit for Researchers.
- Visa Application Procedure.
- Schengen Short Stay C Type Visa
The international students of non-EU who are enrolled in a course or research program of less than 90 days apply for C Type Visa. Upon getting acceptance letter from university of your admission confirmation in the course, you will visit the Portuguese Embassy or Consulate and attain the required information and details of documents to be submit along the visa application. Portugal is a Schengen state, any individual having a Schengen visa is allowed to travel other Schengen states under one visa for 90 days.
- Schengen Long Stay D Type Visa
The international students of non-EU who are enrolled in a course or research program of more than 90 days apply for D Type Visa. Upon getting acceptance letter from your hosting Portuguese university you will visit the Embassy or Consulate of Portugal located in your country nearest to you
- Permit of Portuguese Residence for Researchers:
Such candidates will apply for Portuguese residence permit for researchers from their home country. This visa type allows candidates to get paid research work and other benefits.
Note: There are over 30 countries which have signed an agreement with Portugal. The nationals of such countries do not need student visa for short courses study program of less than 6 months duration. Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the US are few of those.
- Visa Application Procedure
As you ascertain which visa category suits your study program duration in Portugal, you will visit the Portuguese Embassy in your home country and get visa application form, details of required documents and you might be asked to attend an interview. The applicants must appear to submit the visa application by himself firsthand, as per the rules Embassies do not accept visa applications from any individual other than the applicant himself.
The Documents Required for C Type Visa include:
Applicant’s valid passport (travel ID) must be valid till the duration of your study program in Portugal.
- Completed visa application form.
- Proof of Finances (Bank Statement, Credit Card Statement) proving the applicant has finances to cover the study and living expenses for the stay in Portugal.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Two recently taken passport size photographs.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Return travel ticket.
- Acceptance letter from hosting institute in Portugal. (original).
- Bank receipt of paid tuition fee of university.
- Bank receipt of paid visa application fee.
- Clearance certificate from local police station stating that the applicant has no criminal record.
- Health examination certificate.
The Documents Required for D Type Visa include:
Completed visa application form signed by the applicant:
- Applicant’s valid passport.
- Two recent photographs with plain background/
- National Identity card photocopy.
- Criminal record clearance letter.
- Transcripts of academic records legalized by the Foreign Affairs Ministry of applicant’s home country.
- Letter of acceptance from an accredited institute of Portugal.
- Proof of arranged accommodation (rental contract, paid rent receipts and address of residence).
- Proof of Finances.
- Return travel ticket
- Health insurance coverage not less than 30,000 Euros.
- Proof of paid tuition fee.
- Medical examination certificate.
Note: The Embassy might request additional documents other than the above mentioned.
Visa Processing Time of Portugal Study Visa:
The Portuguese student visa processing time might span from one to three months. Most probably it will take 3 months at least. Portugal Study Visa
Fee of Portuguese Student Visa:
The applicants will pay a student visa fee for Portugal along with required documents. The Portuguese student visa fee for Pakistani nationals is 30 Euros. The visa application fee is different for each country. The citizen of Russians pay 35 Euros. For some countries the student visa cost is around 60 to 99 Euros.
For more information from embessy Click Here