Study in Cyprus has well recognized for its high quality education and global standards of research. Few years ago, a large number of worldwide students have shifted their interest towards studying in Cyprus because of affordable and less tuition fee and high standards of living. Cyprus is Known as low crime rate country with safe environment, the population consists of diverse cultures, though small in area but well developed, economy is rapidly booming with high GDP rate, it is member of European Union and center of attention for Students. Being a part of Europe country, the lifestyle and rules are strict as well as accommodate for foreign and citizens in Cyprus. Until 1960, Cyprus was part of British area; it is now an independent state and a popular for tourist and study cyprus destination because of many qualities. The Documentations of study in Cyprus for foreign students and as well as for Asian STUDENTS are discussed in the following :
Admission Requirements in Universities of Cyprus for Pakistani Students 2020
Unlike other European countries, admission requirements in universities of Cyprus are not as competitive and demanding. There is no compulsory of English Language Test Certificates for admission in English Taught Courses, students can do both IELTS, TOEFL or appear in Cyprus University’s English Test . If the students options for Cyprus University’s English Placement Test (EPT), they will attempt the examination after arriving in Cyprus and they are obliged to attain at least C grade in this test. Entry Tests and interviews are not normally taken but the student must subbmit their chosen Cypriot university’s requirements.
- 1st For admissions in under graduate study programmes the students must have passed their higher secondary school diploma with at least C grades
- 2nd For post graduate (Masters) admission C grade in BS degree and the subject wise minimum grades requirements will be specified by University that can be different for each study programmes.
- 3rd For admission in post graduate (PhD) study programme, BS degree, Masters Degree with at least C Grade attained from a recognized university of applicant’s country, recommendation letters, updated CV, research proposal and letter of intent.
Cyprus Students Visa Requirements for Pakistani Students 2020:
The student visa starts after getting letter of acceptance from Cypriot University. The students have option to submit Cyprus students visa application to their their university in Cyprus or they can directly submit the application at Cypriot Embassy located at their home country. The documents requirements for student visa of Cyprus must be ready at least 2-3 months before the comencement of study programmes in the university of cyprus because Embasies almost take 2-3 months time duration for visa processing. The document requirements might vary according to applicant’s country; in general the following documents are required for student visa of Cyprus:
- 1ST Transcripts of academic records I-e degrees, certificates, diplomas.
- 2nd English Proficiency Test Certificate (if applicable)
- 3rd Clearance letter from police station stating the good character of the applicant ad authenticating that the candidate is not involved in any criminal activity.
- 4th Proof of sustenance (in form of Bank statement or credit card statement)
- 5th Medical Examination Certificate (the examination will be done in Cypriot Embassy’s chosen medical institutes in your country).
- 6th Return Travel Ticket (Proving your intention to return back to your home country as soon as you complete your study programes in Cyprus).
Permanent Residency of Cyprus Requirements for Pakistani Students 2020:
Third countery national living in Cyprus for last 5 years continuously on legal permit can attained permanent residency of Cyprus and if the applicant is married to Cypus women than national they can apply for permanent residency after 3 years. Candidates will provide the proof of sustenances , accommodation which should be very large enough for their family members, proof of their legal stay which includes visa stamps and resident permits granted to them in last five years and clean criminal record of their stay in Cyprus.
Post Graduation PHD Work Permits in Cyprus:
After graduating from Cyprus, the students are bound to exit the country within 60 days of receiving their degrees. For PHD students work in Cyprus, the students must have an employment contract or they must have a specific invest in Cyprus on property or business. If they gain an employment contract from Cyprus company, their employe will submit works permit and send invitation letter to them in their home country. The employees will then apply for work permit by submitting visa application at Cypriot Embassy and submit following documents:
Category E-Visa of Cyprus (For Candidates Who Applying for Visa Employment Basis):
- 1st Employment Contract
- 2nd Bank Statement (the candidate’s bank account must have 200 to 500 Euros)
- 3rd Medical Examination Certificate
- 4th Clearance Letter from Police Station (valid candidates good character)
Study and Living Expenses in Cyprus for International Students 2020
Cyprus is considerably affordable country in terms of living expenses and study expenses as compared to other European countries. The tuition fee of universities is different for each study programme and academic level but the overall fee structure is average.
- 1st Average tuition fee of Under Graduate Study programmes in Public Universities of Cyprus: 3.099 € to 4.099 €
- 2nd Average tuition fee of Under Graduate Study Programmes in Private Universities of Cyprus: 2800 to 7200 Euros
- 3rd Average tuition fee of Post Graduate (Masters) Study Programmes in Public Universities of Cyprus: €8.000 to €10.250
- 4th Average tuition fee of Post Graduate (Masters) Study Programmes in Private Universities of Cyprus: 7500 to 15000 Euros
The accommodation expenses in Cyprus is varied from location to location but mostly the rents are affordable. An average amount of 800 to 1000 Euros will be required for a student to support he/she monthly expenditures in Cyprus.
For more details Click Here