To study in Russia you must be enrolled in an accredited college, university or higher education institution of Russia. After meeting the entry requirements and passing the entrance examinations, your hosting Russian institution will send a formal invitation letter and other necessary documents including visa support letter. By getting these documents you can commence your student visa process which must start at least 45 days before your study programme begins in Russia. The student visa for Russia will have 90 days duration validity initially which you can extend later according to your study program duration after entering in Russia and it is applicable for all short term and long term study programmes. Following procedure will explain you how to attain student visa for Russia:
For More Visa Information Click Here
Obtaining Invitation Latter and Tuition Fee Payment for Study in Russia
Russia’s Foreign Ministry and Russia’s Federal Migration Service have issued a visa application for Russian students. You will pay your tuition fee and get enrolled for study program and your hosting Russian University will handle the invitation letter procedure. Once you receive the invitation letter it has validity of three months, therefore your student visa documents must be ready by then.
Visiting Russian Embassy or Consulate in Pakistan
You must visit the Russian Embassy or Consulate nearest to your area in your home country as soon as you receive invitation letter. You will get the details of required documents and visa application form. The Embassy might even arrange an interview meeting before granting you student visa for Russia. The applicant is required to personally appear in the Embassy and submit all of his/her documents.
Required Documents for Pakistani Students 2020 for Russian Student Visa
The required documents may vary from country to country. During your visit to Russian Embassy the authorities will give you details of documents according to your country’s requirements. The documents are enlisted below, they are generally required from all countries:
- A Valid Passport of Applicant (must have at least 18 months validity and two blank pages, a copy of your passport’s front page would also be required)
- One Passport Size Photograph of Applicant (Recently Taken)
- Letter of Invitation from Your Hosting Russian Institution (Original Letter not a Copy of It)
- Medical Certificate (medical examination must be taken as soon as possible at least 3 months before your visit to Russia, the applicant must not be HIV-positive, HIV visa will be denied immediately, Medical certificate must have the date of the test, doctor’s signature and your signature)
- A fully completed Visa Application Form
- Applicants Under the Age of 18 Want to Grant a Permit From Their Parents or Guardians
- Financial Proof (Bank Credit Card Statement To Prove That You Have Enough Resources To Pay Your Student And Living Expenses, If You Have Used Public University Of Russia You Can Apply For Scholarship If You Meet The Eligibility Procedure, If You Are Given You Can Write 6 )
- Travel Ticket (Valid for up to one year)
- All texts must be translated into Russian by a certified translator
Russian Visa Processing Time in Pakistan 2020
The visa processing time is usually within two to five weeks and those who require the visa to be processed faster than this duration can pay an extra visa application fee. The actual visa fee depends on the country from you are applying.
Student Visa process after arriving in Russia
All immigrants entering Russia are provided with a visa at the airport prior to border control. The immigration card stays with them until they leave Russia. If they leave Russia for visiting their country for a short period of time and then arrive back in Russia they will be given another immigration form to be filled and kept with them until they leave the country again. Apart from filling the immigration form at border control and leaving detachable portion of the form to them, you will also be required to register at the Russian Federal Migration Service. After registering your immigration form at immigration department you will be issued an immigration card. To register with the Russian Federal Migration Service, you will need the following documents:
- Your passport ’
- Immigration Form
- Your Visa
Your student visa will be valid for the first 90 days. Most of the institutions handle this procedure of registering international students at local GUVM branch themselves, but you must confirm if they have. The visa has validity of 90 days; you will extend the visa duration according to your study program duration by applying at local GUVM branch. The student visa can be extended for maximum duration of 3 years.
The visa will be extended for one year at first and then to maximum three years. To extend it for another one year, you will file an application two weeks prior to your visa’s expiry date at the Russian Federal Migration Service. The visa arrival and registration of documents is free of charges. The international student affairs department of your hosting Russian University will assist you through this procedure. If you lose your migration card or damage it by mistake you can apply for it again by providing your passport, student card and travel documents. For Visa Extension you will submit the following documents:
- Application form (completed in full)
- Recently Taken Photo
- Registration agreement from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation
- A letter explaining your reason for the visa extension
- Migration Card (original and copy)
- Available portion of the immigration form provided to you upon arrival at the border control
- Visa extension fee (approximately RUB 1,600)
Student Visa Expenses
Student visa costs vary from country to country and depend on one or more entry visas. For Pakistani citizens the entrance fee for students followed by Rs. 11200.
Part Time Working Permission in Russia for International Students 2020
The international students who want to work part time in Russia will attain a work permit from the Federal Migration Service (FMS). Those employed part time by their hosting university on campus or are going to work only during semester breaks do not require a work permit. The conditions of work permit for part time job as an international students are as follows:
- Firstly you must be over 18 years of age
- Secondly you must be enrolled in a full time study program
- Thirdly the institution you are enrolled in must be an accredited institute’
- You will work only at the city or region of Russia where your institution is located
- You can work only at that profession which is allowed on your work permit
- The work permit cost of Russia for international students on study visa is RUB 3,500 (USD 60)
- If you are found to be working in Russia without a valid work permit, you will be fined an amount of RUB 7,000 and might even be deported.
- The work permit processing time is 10 days
- The work permit will be valid for 1 year duration similar to your student visa; it can be extended according to your employment contract.
- The student is allowed to change the jobs but always have to inform the migration office about their new job.
- Lastly if a student leaves quits studying in between his study course, the work permit will be cancelled immediately.
You will apply for work permit at the regional Federal Migration Service of your region of residence in Russia. They will ask for following documents:
- Firstly passport of applicant
- secondly a Migration card then
- Work permit application form filled and signed
- Employment contract for part time job
- Medical Certificate (Stating that you are HIV free, any infectious disease has not affected you, do not have any drug addiction)
- Hosting university Confirmation letter stating that you are enrolled in a full time study program and fulfilling academic and attendance requirements.
For embessy Click Here