Maldives Tourist visa issued for all foreigner citizens on arrival to Maldives. Travelers who want a tourist trip to Maldives as a tourist does not require any pre-approval for the visa. However, the foreigner traveler must satisfy with some of the basic entry requirements to get immigration clearance upon arrival.
There are some rules of refusal of entry in Maldives:
Any foreign traveler arriving in order to explore Maldives maybe refused entry, if the Immigration officer during questioning or interviewing the traveler
- Have a reasonable source of grounds (not necessarily solid proof) that the traveler is carrying fraudulent travel documents.
- Suspects that apparent intention to the possible disruption of harmony and malicious activities.
- Has a strong anti-semantic religious or political views which cause problems.
Remember: The right to refuse an entry lies at the discretion of the Immigration and not as a right to your claim entry.
Documentation Required for Maldives Tourist Visa:
Following are the documents you need for Maldives Tourist Visa
- A valid passport or a travel document with Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) which have at-least 6 months validity. [There are few changes being made to general entry requirements to Maldives Tourist Visa due to Coronavirus (Covid-19), effective from 1st of July 2020. Foreign which are Passport holders and other documents accepted for entry but it must be valid for a minimum of 1 month (30 days) from the arrival date].
- 2 Passport-sized colored pictures.
- Proof of a pre-paid hotel booking/accommodation.
- Required proof of sufficient finance to last for the intended period of stay in Maldives.
- Confirmation of a return tickets to home country or to country of residence but it is not applicable on valid resident permit holders.
- Proof of traveler health for entry facilities to their onward destinations. For instance, the visa THD (Traveler Health Declaration) must be filled and should be submitted by the travelers which are travelling to and from Maldives, within a time of 24 hours prior to their travel. You may submit the application form online via http://imuga.immigration.gov.mv
- You will also attached a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (if applicable).
- Another important document which is COVID-19 negative PCR test result issued not more than 72hrs prior to departure, counting from the first port of embarkation route to the Maldives (effective from 10th September 2020) [Submit via IMUGA, while submitting Traveler Health Declaration].
For more visa information Click Here
Maldives Tourist Visa Duration:
Duration of stay for a Maldives Tourist Visa is 30 days. The period of stay in Maldives is shown on the endorsement in the passport. Maldives Tourists are strictly advised to check their passport on the time of their arrival and take a note of the number of days you are given to stay in Maldives. Once they arrived as a tourist to explore Maldives, the traveler is not permitted to engage in any form of business, occupation, profession or paid employment while staying in Maldives.
There are some few categories given below
- Visit to Friends
- Social Travelers
- Family Travelers
- Media Travelers
- Business Travelers
These are not considered as genuine tourists and are highly advised to declare a sponsorship which will prior to their arrivals (if applicable), in order to facilitate the flow of passage.
Important: All Maldives Tourists are also reminded then there is a punishable offence to overstay in Maldives beyond the number of days given.
There is no visa fee but if you want an extension in your visa then you have to pay Rufiyaa 750.
For Maldives embassy link Click Here